At Advanced Animal Emergency, we are on call 24/7 to help pet owners navigate an unexpected or urgent need to visit a veterinarian. Whether your beloved pet has had an accident, is suddenly sick, or you were referred by another doctor, our highly trained, dedicated staff is available to bring your pet back to good health.
What Do I Need to Know Before Visiting Advanced Animal Emergency?
First and foremost – is it an EMERGENCY?
Sometimes it can be difficult to know when your pet may need emergency care. If you are unsure as to whether your pet’s condition might require immediate attention, PLEASE, DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL! Our staff is always ready, willing, and able to provide you with expert guidance. The following situations should always be treated as emergencies:
- ANY Difficulty Breathing
- Bloated or Painful Abdomen
- Bleeding and/or Pale Gums
- Trouble Urinating and/or Defecating
- Heat Stroke
- Trauma or Injury
- Collapse or Loss of Consciousness
- Seizures, Tremors, or Convulsions
- Acute Facial Swelling and/or Hives
- Persistent Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Ingestion of any TOXIC substance or HUMAN MEDICATION — These include but are not limited to: chocolate, grapes/raisins, onion, ibuprofen/Advil, Tylenol/acetaminophen, antifreeze, avocado, many house plants (lilies especially), xylitol chewing gum, and macadamia/walnuts. Unsure if they ate something? Give us a call!
What should I bring with me?
How much is it going to cost?
Will you let my doctor know what happened?
Do you accept pet insurance?
Should I plan to stay, or drop my pet off?
Triage & Wait Time
The most CRITICAL patients will always be seen first. This extends to your pet too! Because we strive to provide every patient with the best, most comprehensive care available, sometimes a less critical patient will have to be seen after another. Your pet deserves our full attention, and we promise to give it as quickly as possible.
- If your pet is critical, we will admit immediately.
- If your pet is in pain, we will abate immediately.
- Transfers will occur within 60 minutes of arrival.
If you have any concern, no matter how small, it is our emergency. We will see your friend as soon as possible, and provide excellent advice and prompt care to you and your pet.